Monday, January 20, 2014

Makeup: How to pull off a simple dark lip!

The key to pulling off a dark lip is to go easy on the eyes. That way, most of the attention is on the lips.

These are all of the products I will be using:



-The first and most important thing when applying any product on your lips is to moisturize them! I like to use the Aquaphor Healing Lip Repair. I let it sink in for about 10 minutes before I start applying the other products. It is important to moisturize your lips because it helps with smoother application of the product and gives it longer staying power.

-I like to start off by lining my lips with this lipliner from MAC called Absolutely It.

MAC Lip Liner: Absolutely It

-Next I took this dusty rose shade lipstick by MAC called Del Rio and layered that on to create a perfect base for the next darker shade.



MAC Lipstick: Del Rio


-Lastly I applied a vampy matte shade by NARS called Train Bleu.

NARS Velvet Matte Lip Pencil: Train Bleu



And that is the completed look, which can be perfectly paired with the neutral eyeshadow look that Anjali has previously posted! Thank you for reading this! For those of you who haven't worn a dark lip before and want to try it out, I hope this post helps.
-xoxo Krishna :)

No comments:

Post a Comment